I provide the crucial support you need to call in the change you seek.
You may be facing new challenges, questioning your role in a primary relationship, or bumping up against your current learning edge. We’ll use your circumstances to create a real-time learning laboratory for you to integrate who you are with the leader you’re becoming.
In our work together, I’ll help you identify and align with your values, surface old stories that hold you back, and rebuild your self-trust. You’ll learn to use, manage and restore your power by recognizing the warning signs of depletion, and by taking preventive measures that nurture and strengthen you from within. You will build the core leadership competencies that supercharge your impact and influence, and this will change the way you show up in all of your life, at work and beyond.
I work with women who are moving into a more intentional and authentic way of living and leading.
I believe that in addition to being extraordinary, effective leaders must show us that they are human. How? By asking for input, getting comfortable with higher risk, daring to be vulnerable, and making peace with failure. This type of leadership celebrates empowered women bringing all of themselves to the table.
You are this emerging leader. And I’m here as your co-conspirator and their ally.
I’m firmly rooted in two equal camps : the intuitive and the intellectual. I trust my hunches, and gratefully offer them up. I also draw on my curiosity and insight to add perspective or an alternative view to an existing challenge. My coaching style is similar to how you’d experience me over tea at a cafe – incisive, compassionate, and direct. I bring fierce gentleness, unwavering respect and resonant connection to every partnership I create.
Credentials and Experience
I come to coaching via a career shaped by my commitment to social justice and women’s empowerment – this has been my fuel for as long as I can remember. I move easily between the not-for-profit and corporate worlds, and love engaging with organizations that share my commitment to women by investing in their female leaders and staff.
- PCC (1900+ hours) certification from the International Coaches Federation
- Clients include Microsoft, Boeing, Cisco, Cigna, US Gov’t agencies, local and national non-profits
- Executive coach and consultant, Axialent
- Certified facilitator, Emotional Intelligence
- Certified facilitator, LSI (Life Styles Inventory)
- Certified facilitator, DiSC Profile assessment tool
- Coach, Playing Big global leadership program for women
- Project manager, Veritable Vegetable, a women-owned company
- Consultant, The World Bank
- Service Corps member, 501 Commons
- Former mentor, World Pulse: Global Issues Through the Eyes of Women
- Former board Member, Hestia Retreat for Women
- Former board Member, Vashon Youth and Family Services
- Peace Corps volunteer
- MA, Johns Hopkins University, International Economics
- BA, Dartmouth College
- Certified Yoga Teacher
Back at the farm
An East-Coast transplant, I have called the West home for nearly two decades. I live on a small island in the Puget Sound with my two children and a menagerie of odd animals. I’m blessed to have a life that enables me to do the work I love while being the mom I want to be; I haven’t chosen one over the over, and I cross-pollinate whenever possible.
I’m happiest on the dance floor, up to my elbows in flour, deep in the woods or lost in conversation. I don’t do life superficially. I’m hopeless at cocktail party chitchat … I’m the one you find in the corner, leaning in close and sharing stories. I thrive on heartfelt, to-the-core connection.